Field Breaks Art Club
On-line workshops to inspire and motivate
April 12th 10:00am to 11:30am
Looking at a typical country parish church for inspiration, we will use this to flex our drawing skills and graphic mark making techniques. In this workshop we will learn how to choose a good subject and to simplify complicated perspective problems into easy shapes, freeing us from getting bogged down with technicalities.
Once the workshop is over, you will be inspired to go out and find more subjects to fill your sketchbook. Suitable for all abilities, as a "cheat sheet" will be available to help you out if you are not confident at drawing.
Please have a look at this list and collect these items together for the start of each workshop. Please make sure your workspace is comfortable enough to view your computer screen as well as your drawing board/easel etc, if you intend to join in with the workshop.
- Any paper you have, cartridge or drawing paper is best.
- Optional - tracing paper, or kitchen greaseproof
- Any graphite pencils you have, preferably a mix i.e. 4B, 2B, HB, F…
- Pencil sharpener and eraser.
- Optional - Propelling pencil, if you have one.
- If you are not confident at drawing, please print a "cheat sheet" (this will be emailed to you once you have booked on the course). These can be printed onto photocopy, cartridge or even watercolour paper.
- Tea and biscuits of your choice!